Adult Mental Health and Social Care specialists providing in-patient care and rehabilitation, step down and nursing care provision in the Midlands & East Sussex
At St Matthews Healthcare we offer a range of potential care pathway services for adults with a variety of challenging and complex mental health needs focusing on specialist high dependency care, and rehabilitation services. Including…
Across our hospital care services we offer a range of services including acute mental health care, neuro behavioural rehab, and rehab for high dependency needs in both locked and open rehab environments, including those detained under the Mental Health Act. Mental health hosipitals…
Our specialist mental health unit facilities in Coventry and Corby offer a full multi-disciplinary team (MDT) catering for the Transforming Care client group, neuro rehabilitation and section 117 aftercare service provision in community settings. MDT-led community care units….
We offer specialist mental health care homes for dementia care, care for those with Huntington’s disease, and respite care for people with young onset dementia. Plus nursing care for adults with mental health needs and behaviours that challenge. Dementia nursing care home…
Established in 1995, we are a UK regional care provider with 10 sites across the Midlands and East Sussex. We work with numerous ICBs, county councils and NHS trusts to provide mental health hospital care, community-based MDT support and specialist nursing care home services for adults with both short-and long-term care requirements.
Our Hospital Units Care For:
- Chronic enduring complex mental disorders with potential high risk to self and or others in Locked rehab units (male and female)
- Chronic enduring complex mental disorders with relatively low risk to self and or others in Open rehab (male and female)
- Acquired brain injury with or without mental illness but with behaviours that may challenge in Neuro behavioural unit (male)
- ASD, mild learning difficulty with comorbid mental illnesses supported through Transforming care agenda
- Acute mental illness episodes in acute admission unit (male)
Find out more about our specialist mental health hospitals.
Our Care Homes Support:
- Complex mental health needs stepping down from hospital requiring multi-disciplinary team support
- Individuals supported with S117 aftercare, Conditional Discharge, CTO, CTR, Guardianship Order or DOLs framework
- Dementia including early onset dementia
- Behaviours that challenge
- Complex physical health needs
- Neurodegenerative disorders including Huntington’s Disease, and MS
- Complex care needs
- Neuro rehab level 2
Providing Choice and Protecting Dignity
We treat our service users with dignity and respect, adhering to their wishes and preferences wherever possible. Empowering them to make their own decisions and choices about the care they receive, while ensuring their safety and the safety of others. We do this by active discussion and feedback, providing accessible information, and by promoting the use of advocates to ensure the service user’s voice is being heard.
We encourage our service users to take positive risks that promote their independence and sense of wellbeing and achievement. Where an individual has been assessed as lacking the capacity to make safe choices, we work with the person’s wider circle of multi-agency support to determine the least restrictive path to respect their wishes and keep them safe. We do not provide seclusion provisions, instead our team supports service users through de-escalation techniques in situations where they may present with increasing aggression.
We support individuals to design and personalise their rooms to ensure they feel at home, and we encourage family and friends to visit their loved ones at any time, just as they would if they were living in their own home.