Our people are the most important asset we have. If you work with us, we will put you at the centre of everything we do, because we know that you are the key to providing outstanding care to our residents and patients. We also offer:
- competitive rates of pay and generous overtime rates
- excellent benefits
- flexible working arrangement with a variety of weekly working hours available
- training and development support with defined career pathways
- a supportive, inclusive caring environment
A World of Opportunity for You
At SMHC we invest and develop our employees so they can grow to their full potential. We offer a variety of learning opportunities, training, coaching, and networking to help accelerate their careers. As an organisation we can offer a huge range of exciting and challenging opportunities for people who are passionate about making a difference. We actively recruit people of all ages, background, and levels of experience.
Our progressive, dynamic approach to staff development and training means that there are many opportunities for career development. Our development pathway empowers employees to take ownership of their career in a supportive environment.
Did You Know?
- Our staff turnover rate is 24%, much lower than the national average of 32.25 (www.health.org.uk).
- SMHC managers are approachable and have an open-door policy according to our 96% of staff (2021 survey).
- 90.2% of SMHC service users have had a positive experience (Iwantgreatcare.com).
- We promote equality and diversity among our colleagues and service users so that SMHC is safe, fair place to be.
- We hire people with empathy and compassion who share our corporate values. We then develop and support them so that they are empowered to make a positive difference.
Check out some of our colleague’s stories to hear how they have grown with us.
Join us and Make a Difference
With over 1,000 colleagues and growing – we’d love to see if you are a good fit with us. So, if you are based in the UK with a right to work and are looking to transfer your existing skills to a leading independent healthcare provider or would like to develop your career in a stimulating, rewarding care environment, then St Matthews Healthcare is the place for you.