We are unable to offer sponsorship for this position, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, and we accept students who can work up to 20 hours per week.
Looking for a rewarding job and want to make a difference every day? Then consider a role with St Matthews Healthcare.
St Matthews Healthcare is one of the largest mental health service providers in Northamptonshire with locations stretching across West Midlands and East Sussex. We have been providing compassionate and personal care for over 25 years to our patients and residents in our ever-growing portfolio of 7 specialist care homes and 3 independent mental health hospitals.
We are currently looking for Healthcare Assistants who have a genuine interest and desire to care for adults with mental health needs. We require staff that are compassionate and empathetic to the needs of our service users.
As we are a 24-hour service provider, the successful candidates will be expected to work 12-hour shifts either days or nights including weekends. Candidates with experience are preferred however, candidates with little to no experience within a healthcare setting will also be considered as full training is provided.
With the right desire for excellence, professionalism, integrity, and compassion, in return we can offer you a developing career and progress your knowledge, skills and abilities to enable you to provide person-centred care for our service users.
The Moreton Centre is a is a bright, welcoming specialist nursing care home that provides personalised, compassionate, and professional care in a peaceful seaside residential area of St Leonards-on-Sea in East Sussex, for people with mental health difficulties.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Assisting other members of staff in the giving of care
- Assist patients with communication and enable them to manage situations.
- Deliver individual or group therapies for patients in line with their care plan.
- Use a variety of communication skills with patients, in a way that respects their views, autonomy and culture.
- Promote and assist residents to maintain their personal hygiene, cleanliness, and appearance.
- Accompany residents on outings to local areas of interest, facilitating their enjoyment of the local shops and amenities.
Required Skills and Qualities
- Basic computer skills
- Active listening skills
- Effective communication, both verbal and non-verbal
- Takes actions & raises concerns.
- Forms appropriate relationships and maintains professional boundaries in their work.
- Works within St Matthews Healthcare’s policies, procedures & guidance
- Committed to demonstrating organisations values and behaviours in their work.
- Evidence of supporting families and carers
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or qualifications required.
Benefits of Joining SMHC
- Company pension.
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Blue Light Card – discounts on shopping, days out, restaurants and much more.
- Staff development and training – bespoke and progressive approach with abundant opportunities for career development.
- Refer a friend scheme – rewards you up to £500* for every recommendation that you make that successfully starts working for us.
- Free on-site parking.
- Health Shield – health checks and cash back plans that make it easy and affordable for our employees to manage their health.
- My GP Anytime – through Health Shield enjoy 24/7 phone access to a GP with the option for a video chat on weekdays and a private prescriptions service.
- My Counselling – through Health Shield, enjoy 24/7 Counselling and Support Helpline providing guidance and counselling on matters from family to finance.
St Matthews Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
For more information on the role see full job description.