St Matthews Healthcare (SMHC) is one of the largest mental health service providers in Northamptonshire with locations also stretching across the West Midlands and East Sussex. We have been providing compassionate and personal care for over 25 years to our patients and residents in our growing portfolio of ten homes and hospitals.
This role is based at The Moreton Centre which is a bright, welcoming specialist nursing care home that provides personalised, compassionate, and professional care in the peaceful seaside residential area of St Leonards-on-Sea in East Sussex, for people with mental health challenges.
As a Senior Carer, you will play a crucial role in providing leadership and guidance to a team of care assistants. Your expertise in mentoring and supervising will contribute to the professional development of your colleagues, ensuring the delivery of high-quality services to our clients. This position requires a strong background in health and social care practice, as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with other professionals. If you are enthusiastic about making a positive impact on our residents, we encourage you to apply.
Key Responsibilities for this Role:
- To always act in a manner that enhances the reputation of the unit and the social status of the patients particularly when dealing with relatives, visitors, and the local community.
- To contribute to the prevention and management of untoward incidents by assisting in management contingencies (disruptive behaviours, clinical and medical emergencies)
- To assist nursing team by providing accurate feedback of patients’ needs/responses to medication.
- To ensure the compliance with the regulation of food hygiene “General” regulation 1970 and the Food Act 1994.
- To be aware of the Unit Policies and Procedures/Operational policy, and to participate in positive and regular managerial/clinical supervision.
- To undertake any other duties required within the Unit.
Quality, Governance and Administration
- Ensure that clients receive a culturally competent service.
- Participate in staff personal development plan working towards agreed objectives and undertaking training where necessary.
- To build a positive relationship with patients and to use a variety of communication skills, in a way that respects their views, autonomy and culture.
- To communicate effectively as part of the multi-disciplinary team and in a manner that enhances the team.
- To be aware of and comply with the company’s policies of record keeping, ensuring that all records meet with identified standards.
- To be aware of the clinical governance agenda, locally and nationally and to understand its’ impact on the health care assistant role.
- Assist in the maintenance and control of stock equipment and materials, and to use unit stock with due care and economy.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or qualifications required.
Benefits of Joining SMHC:
- Company pension
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Blue Light Card – discounts on shopping, days out, restaurants and much more.
- Bespoke progressive, dynamic approach to staff development and training with abundant opportunities for career development.
- Refer a friend scheme rewarding you up to £500* for every recommendation you make who successfully starts working for us.
- Free on-site parking
- Health Shield – health checks and cash back plans that make it easy and affordable for our employees to manage their health.
- My GP Anytime – through Health Shield, Access to a GP over the phone 24/7, with the option for a video chat on weekdays and private prescriptions service.
- My Counselling – through Health Shield, 24/7 Counselling and Support Helpline providing guidance and counselling on matters from family to finance.
St Matthews Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
For more information about the role see the full Job description.