An exciting opportunity has arisen due to internal growth within St Matthews Healthcare.
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Grade: Band 4/5
Hours of Work: Full Time – 37.5 hours
Base: St Matthews Healthcare, Hawthorne House, CV4 9QS
Key Working Relationships: Unit team, CMHTs, GP’s, Pharmacists, Social Services, Child Protection, Inspectors, Commissioners, CCG Statutory and Voluntary Agencies
- Prepare for audits by compiling and analysing internal and external information, and gathering evidence
- Support and coordinate, maintain and improve compliance standards.
- Undertake internal audits based on a calendar schedule to ensure compliance is maintained and areas for improvement identified.
- Create, review and improve standard procedures/protocols and documents in line with current legislation, ethical and best practice requirements. Implement and communicate resulting changes throughout the business to ensure appropriate engagement and compliance.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements by keeping up to date with existing and evolving legislation and advising management on any actions needed to maintain compliance, utilising the tools and websites available.
- Log and co-ordinate other appropriate parties in managing the critical events and complaints
- Support Director; taking the lead where necessary on specific projects within the governance remit.
- Supporting with Reg 17 audits and visits to sites as and when required.
- Provide assistance across the business on governance related issues by responding to queries and ad hoc requests for information.
- Undertake all other reasonable tasks as assigned to you by the Governance Director.
- Essential Skills
- Experience in coordinating, supporting or managing Auditing experience
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Exemplary customer services skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines for project-based work
- Desire and confidence to develop within the role, using personal skills and experience to support the service growth.
- Desired Skills
- Good communication
- Excellent customer service skills