Dementia Care Homes
Offering quality specialist nursing care for people with dementia including young onset dementia and those with behaviours that challenge that require dedicated, compassionate care in a safe, comfortable care home.
Seeing the Person and Not the Condition
This is at the heart of our approach at St Matthews Healthcare and is especially important for the care of people living with dementia, where it is vital that their individuality is nurtured.
Our specialist dementia care home support people with a range of dementias, including younger people with dementia and those with alcohol-related dementia. We also care for people living with advanced forms of dementia and demonstrating behaviours that challenge, providing compassionate and supportive care, in a safe and homely environment.
Check out our specialist dementia care homes…
Maple Leaf House
The Moreton Centre
The Avenue Care Home
The Matthews Unit
Self-Expression in a Nurturing Dementia Care Home
Our homes are designed to promote independence and the opportunity for people to stay healthy and express themselves. For example, through gardening, using sensory areas or making the most of our hair and beauty salon.
The accommodation is secure, but our staff support our residents so they can enjoy regular outings to areas of local interest for stimulation and to help them feel part of the wider community. They are also supported to pursue their own interests and enjoy the surrounding areas.
Our Nursing Care Home offer:
- a range of leisure and social activities like singing, reminiscence sessions and gardening
- access to safe outdoor spaces
- regular outings to areas of local interest
- visiting GP, dentist, chiropodist, hairdresser and aromatherapist to help meet their medical and wellbeing needs
- group training on basic living skills, personal hygiene, cooking, healthy eating and care of animals to provide people with wider daily living skills
- community engagement with range of local groups
- pet therapy visits
There are spacious areas for socialising and people are encouraged to live independently and be proactive about pursuing hobbies and interests that may have fallen by the wayside before coming to live with us. Our activity co-ordinators ensure that residents have access to a variety of activities which promote health and well-being while enriching their day and making them feel valued while giving them a sense of purpose.
Residents are encouraged to decorate their rooms to reflect their personal style and interests.
Friends and family are not restricted by visiting hours and can come and go by arrangement with our residents.
Why Choose St Matthews Healthcare?
- A Safe Place to Be. Our homes have been carefully designed to ensure our residents’ safety while promoting their comfort, independence and wellbeing. Residents’ safety is paramount and is supported by the Freedom to Speak Up and Safeguarding policies.
- Sensitive and Person-centred Care. We treat our residents with dignity and respect. Our sensitive and person-centred care for residents helps to create a settled, compassionate environment where the care is tailored to the individual in a respectful, caring way.
- Progressive Dementia Care. Our dedicated care teams offer personalised care plans informed through best practice in our dementia and Alzheimer’s nursing care homes. This approach is designed to reduce risk behaviours and support residents to enjoy a good quality of life.
Referrals can be made by family members as well as by the relevent NHS Health and Social Care Teams for people with Dementia.