St Matthews Healthcare offers a diverse portfolio of mental health care, rehabilitation, step-down care and nursing care provision.
St Matthews Healthcare offers a diverse portfolio of mental health care, rehabilitation, step-down care and nursing care provision. Use the tabs on the left to discover more.
What We Do
We provide our residents and service-users with the dedicated, professional and personalised care they need, while promoting their physical wellbeing and happiness.
We provide specialist, intensive care and rehabilitation in the following areas:
- residential nursing care for older people
- chronic mental health, such as schizophrenia, bipolar affective disorder, personality disorder and eating disorders
- acquired brain injury and neuro-degenerative conditions
- young onset dementia, dementia in older people and alcohol-related dementia
- Huntington’s disease
- sexual offending and disinhibited behaviour
- locked hospital wards for patients who have been sectioned
- specialist care for adults with enduring mental health problems
Our programmes combine mental health therapies with coping strategies and daily living skills. Our multi-disciplinary teams have strong links with community health professionals, such as dieticians and physiotherapists.
In addition to providing dementia care, care for those with Huntington’s disease, and respite care for people with young onset dementia, we also provide specialist nursing care for adults with specialist mental health needs and challenging behaviour.
To enquire, please telephone 01604 844 192 or email email@example.com; we are more than happy to arrange a tour of our facilities to help you decide whether to choose St Matthews Healthcare as your specialist care provider.
To provide excellent mental health care and rehabilitation services that support people to work towards living a fulfilling life as part of the community.
We provide exemplary residential care for older people and those with chronic mental health problems, and aim to achieve the following objectives:
- Provide high-quality, innovative and flexible services that respond to the needs of healthcare commissioners and the needs of the local population.
- Embed best practice in our care programmes and deliver evidence-based interventions.
- Improve the wellbeing and quality of life of our residents and service-users.
- Provide holistic care that treats the whole person and meets their mental, physical and spiritual needs, as well as responding to their interests.
- Develop care pathways in collaboration with residents and service-users and help them work towards goals that they have helped set, at a pace which suits them and their condition and promotes positive risk-taking.
- Provide exemplary nursing, hospital or rehabilitation care that benefits from best practice to enable the best possible care of people experiencing loss of cognitive skills and/or memory loss.
- Provide our residents and service-users with the support and practical links to the community that help facilitate their journey towards independent living or rehabilitation, and enable older people to continue feeling they are part of the wider community.
- Embrace diversity and individuality among our residents, service-users and staff.
- Involve friends and family in the care of their loved ones and provide a warm welcome to them without restrictive visiting hours.
- Excellence in all that we do
- Care from the heart
- Compassionate and respectful
- Professional yet approachable
- Treat the whole person
- Promoting autonomy
Working For Us
St Matthews Healthcare has a dedicated and motivated workforce of more than 800 staff, who enjoy working as part of a growing, innovative care provider that rewards them with a competitive salary and the opportunity to develop their professional skills.
Our clinical teams comprise nurses, support workers, psychiatrists, occupational therapists, occupational therapy technicians and social workers; we also employ administrative and finance staff, housekeepers and catering and maintenance teams.
We promote equality and diversity among our staff, residents and service-users. All staff are required to foster our values in their work, delivering professional, holistic, compassionate, empowering care to our residents and service-users.
If you would like to join our team, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; we welcome applications from dedicated and talented individuals prepared to maintain our high standards of care.