St Matthews Healthcare offers a diverse portfolio of mental health care, rehabilitation, step-down care and nursing care provision.
St Matthews Healthcare offers a diverse portfolio of mental health care, rehabilitation, step-down care and nursing care provision. Use the tabs on the left to discover more.
What We Do
St Matthews Healthcare provides professional and personalised care which aims to provide service user with the dedicated intensive care they need, whilst also promoting their physical wellbeing and happiness.
We provide specialist care and rehabilitation in the following areas:
- residential nursing care for older people
- chronic mental health such as schizophrenia, bipolar affective disorder, personality disorder and eating disorders
- acquired brain injury and neuro-degenerative conditions
- young onset dementia, dementia in order people and alcohol-related dementia
- Huntington’s disease
- sexual offending and disinhibited behaviour
- locked hospital wards for patients who have been sectioned
- specialist care for women with enduring mental health problems
Our programmes combine mental health therapies, with coping strategies and daily living skills. Our multi-disciplinary teams have strong links with community health professionals such a dieticians and physiotherapists.
We also provide specialist nursing care for adults with specialist mental health needs, challenging behaviour, as well as Dementia Care, care for people with Huntington’s disease and respite care for people with young onset dementia.
We are more than happy to show you around our facilities before you make a decision about choosing St Matthews Healthcare as your care provider.
St Matthews Healthcare aims to provide excellent mental health care and rehabilitation services which supports people to work towards living a fulfilling life as part of the community.
We also provide exemplary residential care for older people and for people with chronic mental health problems so that they can live every day to the fullest, and as if today is their last.
- To provide high quality, innovative and flexible services that respond to the needs of healthcare commissioners and the needs of the local population.
- To embed best practice in our care programmes and deliver evidence-based interventions.
- To improve the well-being and quality of life of our service users and residents.
- To provide holistic care which treats the whole person and meets their mental, physical and spiritual needs, as well as responding to their particular interests.
- To develop care pathways in collaboration with service-users and help them work towards goals that they have helped set, at a pace which suits them and their condition and promotes positive risk-taking.
- To provide exemplary nursing, hospital or rehabilitation care which benefits from best practice in design to enable the best possible care of people with loss of cognitive skills and/or memory loss.
- To provide the support and practical links with the community to facilitate service users’ journey towards independent living or rehabilitation, as well as enabling older people retain their sense of being part of the wider community.
- To embrace diversity and individuality amongst our service users and employees.
- To involve friends and family in the care of their loved ones and provide a warm welcome to them without being restricted by visiting hours.
- Excellence in all that we do
- Care from the heart
- Compassionate and respectful
- Professional yet approachable
- Treat the whole person
- Promoting autonomy
Working For Us
St Matthews Healthcare has a dedicated and motivated workforce of over 800 staff working across all our sites.
Employees enjoy being part of a growing, innovative care provider, whilst being rewarded with a competitive salary and the opportunity to develop their professional skills.
Our clinical teams comprise nurses, support workers, psychiatrists, occupational therapists, occupational therapy technicians and social workers. We also employ administrative and finance staff, housekeepers and catering and maintenance teams.
We promote equal opportunities and diversity amongst our staff and service users and all employees are required to foster our values in their work, delivering professional, holistic, compassionate, empowering care to our residents and service users.
We welcome applications from dedicated and talented individuals prepared to commit themselves to maintaining our high standards of care.
If you would like to be part of our team, please send us your cv with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gender Pay Gap Report
St Matthews Healthcare are required to report on their gender pay gap as per legislation due to the number of employees within the privately owned business is over the 250 mark. This statement is required to be checked annually. The summary is as below:
- Mean hourly rate of pay – 3.2%
- Median hourly rate of pay 0%
- No bonuses paid
- Upper quartile – 31% Male, 69% Female
- Upper middle quartile – 42% Male, 58% Female
- Lower middle quartile – 36% Male, 64% Female
- Lower quartile – 37% Male, 63% Female
Results from the last report dated 28th March 2018